November 27, 2016

"Love" LO by DT Aurelie

Good Morning! 

Today, we are sharing this wonderful layout from Designer Aurelie:
Asa shared this about her layout:
"I'll admit it. I've been known to buy a collection or two or... twenty?;)... just because I find them absolutely beautiful. However, when it comes time to work with them, I get stuck. 'Tis was the case with My Mind' Eye's Stella & Rose - Hattie collection, c. 2011. Yes, that's right. It's been sitting in my stash for five years now, just waiting to be chosen for a project. Yes, I lifted layouts I had found on the internet when it first came out, but I had yet to use it predominantly on a layout of my own. But not anymore! So happy with how this layout turned out.

I Layered tons of different Hattie patterned papers along with some of its sticker chipboard, tags and labels. In order to create some matching embellishments, I even fussy-cut some of those flowers from the boldest piece of patterned paper. I also incorporated some MME patterned papers from the Lost & Found - Sunshine collection that came out a few months later in 2011. I had specifically bought them because they matched the Hattie collection so much! There are also some Sunshine collection buttons on there. 

Other than that, I added some Crate Paper chipboard title and sticker embellishments along with a Maya Road banner clip, some American Crafts alphas and corrugated cardstock, Magic Mesh, Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze, and some handy stitching using a Bazzill Basics stitching template and some DMC floss. And my +3? You guessed it! The colors - grey, harvest gold, and indigo. As soon as I saw the proposed colors in the lists, I immediately thought of this collection and thought to myself, "I am long overdue to scrap with this collection!" SO very happy I did!"

Here's the challenge:
You can find more information regarding this challenge here:

Cant wait to see what you create! 


No comments:

Post a Comment