October 26, 2013

"Single Moments Make Great Memories" Layout by Brenda

Happy Saturday everyone!!! 
Today I am sharing a layout I created inspired by this month's
I love seeing used paints, mists, etc on scrapbook pages of others, but struggle adding it to my pages.   I am always afraid I will "mess up" the layout and have to start all over again and i am a slow scrapper, so I really do not like the idea of having to start a layout over!  Anyway, I did not do too bad with the paint on this layout and somewhat pleased with the way it turned out.   

I stayed pretty true to the sketch, adding a few minor adjustments.  For the stash part of the challenge, first I added a little water to some black acrylic paint and applied a few drops to my background and patterned papers.   I then decided to add some orange, and used some watercolor paints and thought I had made the orange a little darker, and discovered after splattering it on the page, that it was not as dark as I hoped it would be, but it works!  

Here is another peak at this month's sketch:
Whether you like working with paints and mists or not too comfortable with them, Scrap Our Stash would love to see your take on our October sketch and how you use your stash of paints, mists, etc.  
Click HERE for details on the challenge!   
You have until October 29th to link up your layout for a chance to enter into our monthly prize drawing or better yet, your layout could possibly selected by our design team as one of our 
October Top 3 Picks!!!

Remember, we will be sharing more design team inspiration tomorrow!!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I really love this Brenda. The colours are so soft and I love the pops of orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous layout, Brenda. Just love the colors.

    ReplyDelete