January 7, 2012

January NEW Challenge by Sindi


Design Team Member Sindi submitted this layout for the January NEW Challenge.  She said:

Here is my entry for the January challenge. This is my first attempt at DIY book binding, so it was definitely new to me. I created a journal and used the Coptic stitching method to bind it. The covers are made from old manilla folders covered in fabric. I used regular copy paper for the inside pages and more manilla folders for section headers. Coptic stitching was actually pretty easy. I learned by watching a few youtube videos. It created a tight hold on the pages and took hardly any time to do. The flower on the front is from Sassafras and I added a ribbon that's been in my stash forever to tie it together.     

Now it's your turn to take the January NEW Challenge. The January Challenge is anything doing with NEW - it could be a new tool, a new product, a new technique, or the project could have somehing to do with NEW - like New Years Eve - Our New Home, etc!. Anything goes! Have fun sharing something NEW with us.

To participate in the January NEW Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on January 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of March. This challenge ends at midnight central time January 31st.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Your journal is gorgeous! It still looks like it would be difficult to make. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I've never done that before either. Way to go. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the base colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journal is fabulous - love the fabric colours and I'm really impressed with that stitching ... don't think I would attempt it myself. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cool Sindi!! I'm totally fascinated with this process now. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors on the book's cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen a book made like this - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the rich colour of the journal! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute book - looks like you did a great job. Enjoy using it!

    ReplyDelete