November 9, 2011

November Recipe Challenge by Sarah

I really enjoyed the Challenge this month...
At 1st I wasn't sure exactly 'what' to scrapbook. Sooo much isn't done and I'm always behind. I started looking through pictures and came up with the '3', which are from *last years* family Christmas pictures (see... behind!).
These 3 went together, so...
Pictures X3: check!
Then started thinking about recipes... and food...
Remembered I had this 'Recipe of Love' Icon pinned on Pinterest. Perfect!
I printed it off at the same time as the Photos on the glossy photo paper.
The rest,  I had no plans for, I just started and it all just kinda came together.
The 2 pattern papers are both Graphics 45 (Steampunk Debutante and Botanicabella) scraps from my cut-off stash.
Pattern Paper X2: check!
Cardstock is textured Bazzill, rubbed with a red SU! ink spot.
Cardstock X1: check!
Then I got stuck, reeeeally stuck on the 4 words.
Rummaged my stash for a few days and finally I found an idea.
Letters are Teresa Collins.
Comma is the inside of the 'a', so annoying when they don't add these to sticker sets. lol
Letters X4: check!
That left the 5 embellishments... and another day of digging. ;O)
Found a $ store sticker set I bought waaaaay back (at least 4 years ago) and it was perfect!
The right colors, theme to boot... woot!
4 stickers + black ribbon trimming out the pattern paper strips=
Embellishments X5: check!
Recipe, er... Page Done!
I took a few really close up pictures of the stickers, they're just so stinkin' cute. :O)
Glad I found them and got them used. Thank-You again for Scrap Our Stash!







Now it's your turn to take the November Recipe Challenge. You have two choices
Follow this recipe:
5 embellishments (flowers, buttons, etc)
4 words or letters in your title
3 pictures
2 pattern papers
1 solid paper
or
You can do a layout containing a recipe - maybe one of your family's favorite Thanksgiving dish or a family recipe.

To participate in the November Recipe Challenge - just complete a project using one of the challenges mentioned above and email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com   All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on November 30th a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of January. This challenge ends at midnight central time on November 30th

9 comments:

  1. Clever title and I love the little elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever title! What a great idea. Such a pretty layout and your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page! Love how you combined both the challenges in one, good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of this challenge, love the Recipe for Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice recipe! And good pictures; big and clear!

    Greetings from

    La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card, Karen! Love that fun kitty cat and the matching sentiment. Love that you turned the sketch on its side and LOVE the pleated ribbon. This is fabulous! Business & Consulting logos

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creative way to do this challenge. I love the "recipe for love"!! Great layout! So many fun elements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is too cute - and how awesome is that that you had all these cool embellishments in your stash! Nicely Done!

    ReplyDelete