November 6, 2011

November Recipe Challenge by Debra P.


Guest Design Team Member Debra P. submitted this layout for the November Recipe Challenge. She said:

Hi,
Here's my layout for the November Challenge. I'm super excited about being a guest designer for the month of November. For the November Recipe Challenge I decided to go with the 5,4,3,2,1 approach. I used two epoxy circles, one epoxy water droplet splash, and two embellishment tags for my 5 embellishments. I used the word "Swim", which has 4 letters, for my title. 3 photos were used, 2 patterned papers, and 1 plain medium blue cardstock was used for a mat for the photos. I love these types of challenges, and found it super fun for this layout of my grandson Coen's first swimming lesson. You can read more on my blog at http://www.dpiercey.blogspot.com/

Now it's your turn to take the November Recipe Challenge. You have two choices.
Follow this recipe:
5 embelishments (flowers, buttons, etc)
4 words or letters in your title
3 pictures
2 pattern papers
1 solid paper
or
You can do a layout containing a recipe - maybe one of your family's favorite Thanksgiving dish or a family recipe.

To participate in the November Recipe Challenge - just complete a project using one of the challenges mentioned above and email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on November 30th a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of January. This challenge ends at midnight central time on November 30th.

10 comments:

  1. Great take on the challenge! Love your blue color scheme and overall design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra, I really love everything about this layout. I love the monochromatic coloring, the cool title work, all the awesome journaling, the wavy way you did the photo...really I could just go on and on!! Fab job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! Love the blue and waves. Love the idea of something warm while I'm freezing my butt off in Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BLUE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

    I like the way you put your three pictures together with no mat under each one; it all blends together in the blue and looks very summer-y! Beautiful LO!

    La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your layout, easpecially how those photos really swim into each other, lovely! Great journalling as well, it made me smile,my daughter will still not get her face wet! K x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you placed your photos! They have this wonderful feel of moving waves placed among the blue toned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the layout of your page and the journaling strips are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the blues in this layout and the way the photos have been merged into each other. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the warm blue colors and how you used the recipe! Great job!

    ReplyDelete