November 29, 2011

Meet Design Team Member Elizabeth


I live in Scotland with my husband of 15 years and our adopted cat. I’ve crafted practically all my life – crochet, embroidery, quilting, machine-knitting, cross-stitch – I was four when my grandmother taught me to knit. But it wasn’t until 1995, when I arrived at Wellesley College, MA, as an exchange student from Manchester University that I discovered scrapbooking. On my return to the UK a year later I brought with me books and magazines on scrapbooking, but it wasn’t until I retired in 2008 that I was finally able to really get down to some serious scrapping, and soon, as a way of using the leftover scraps, segued into card making too. I have been so busy experimenting with different techniques that I can’t say I have developed anything but an eclectic style of crafting. However, vintage layouts – as in this layout featuring my mother – are my favourite. Recently, I have been making more of my own embellishments, using stamps, punches, beads and ribbons, in preference to bought ones. Entering challenges helps to make me more adventurous and creative so I am so pleased to be one of the December Guest Designers here at Scrap Our Stash.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Welcome, Elizabeth! Loved reading about you and looking forward to seeing more of your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Tiffany! Your layout is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Elizabeth!! Love your style...can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout. Congrats on being a guest designer. Looking forward to more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome! Love your layout, beautiful embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the welcome, everyone. It's a pleasure to be here, contributing, and, hopefully, making good use of some of my lovely stash :) Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Elizabeth and welcome!!! Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great - looking forward to working with you in December!

    ReplyDelete