April 5, 2011

April Bring In The Sun Challenge by Mary Pat

Design Team Member Mary Pat submitted this card for the April Bring in the Sun Challenge.  She said:

Hi Everyone,
It is me, Mary Pat here to bring you my take on the April Challenge.  I have to say that I was at first very stumped by this challenge.  I had never included a sun before in any of my work.  I had been thinking about it and thinking about it all day and I was at a loss for what I was going to do.  I went to bed that night and I had a dream about a card with a sun and clouds with some rolling hills.  When I woke up I immediately sketched out my design.  I was so excited because I had just purchased this cute little bee stamp and I was set, and this is what I came up with:

I loved that I was able to use almost all my favorite things on this card: die cuts from my Silhouette, distress inking to make the sky, and coloring with my favorite copic markers.  I was in heaven creating this.


If you would like a closer look on this and for more details pop on over to Siehled With A Kiss
Thanks so much!




Now it's your turn to take the April Bring in the Sun Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.

11 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card Mary Pat! I'm loving this sunshine challenge because all of these projects are so happy and upbeat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool looking sun and I love the cute bee! I struggled with the challenge as well, but I guess it wouldn't be a challenge if I didn't. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Loving the little bee! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Mary Pat!! I love the little bee and your font! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely happy card, that bee makes me smile a lot! K x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card!! Love the bee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute card- great sun- love th rays over the circle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute - I love bees! Great use of your stash & using the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I love how it resembles a postage stamp.

    ReplyDelete